Autumn term arrangements for the start of the new academic year.
Can you believe how quickly the summer holidays have flown by? We hope that you have all had some enjoyable time with your families and have managed to get some rest and relaxation during the school break. The new term is starting and there are a few changes which you will be interested in.
Following advice from Bedford Borough Local Public Health, we are very pleased that we are able to follow the Government’s most recent guidance for changes to procedures from Monday 6th September. These will be:
- No staggered start/finish to the school day
- No class bubbles
- No staggered playtimes/lunchtimes
- Masks/visors are no longer required to be worn on site
- Individuals no longer needs to self-isolate if they have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid19, provided they are fully vaccinated or are under the age of 18 years and 6 months. ‘Staff who do not need to isolate, and children who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, should continue to attend school as normal.’
- N.B for those travelling on the school bus – ‘It is expected and recommended that face coverings are worn when travelling on dedicated school transport’.
We will continue to ensure:
- Staff use lateral flow tests to test twice weekly, which will continue at least for the month of September.
- We will continue with ensuring good hygiene measures are in place. i.e. regular handwashing, wiping down tables with detergents
- We will continue with the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Classrooms will continue to be well ventilated and Bedford Borough Council will be fitting CO2 monitors in every classroom to help us track the air quality.
The school day will revert to arrangements pre-covid19 with all children arriving together at 9.00am and leaving together at 3.15pm. For those of you who are new or who joined us during the pandemic, there will be a member of staff on the playground from 8.50 am to supervise the children, so parents/carers may leave at this point if you wish to. However, please be mindful that children should not be left unaccompanied before a member of staff is on duty. Thank you.
We are looking forward to seeing you all o Monday.