SEND Coordinator is Mrs Morgan; SENDCO Assistant is Mrs Carole Tough.
SEND / Inclusion Governor is Ms Piotrowski
Please click here for the contact details of the school, if you wish to get in touch with any of the SEND team above.
From time to time during their Learning Journey in schools many children may experience some difficulties, or barriers to their learning. These may be physical, emotional or learning difficulties. Here at Kymbrook Primary we are particularly proud of the way in which we help children to overcome any difficulties or barriers.
Our full Inclusion Policy is attached, along with our full SEND Information Report. Below we set out our 'Core Offer' to pupils at our school that experience the need for help in order to progress.
To All Pupils we offer:-
- 'Stage not Age' Sounds Write Groups.
- Early Identification via Durham University Pips.
- Strong Emphasis on Skills Acquisition.
- Well differentiated class teaching.
- Access to CHUMS trained counsellor.
- Access to wrap around care and After School Clubs.
To Early identified we offer:- The above plus:-
- Small Groups Early Intervention yr 1 up .
- 'Rapid Support' Schemes for small groups.
- Webster Startton 'Dinosaur School' Strategy.
- A range of screeners including:- Dyslexic, Early Number and Pupil Interactive Reading Assessment and Boxall Profiles to identify needs.
To Pupils needing intensive support we offer:- The above plus:-
- 1-1 tuition in school to encourage 'keep up'.
- Action plan for Learning Progress - to track intervention.
- Work with a variety of external agencies.