Across our KT Federation, we recognise the importance of Science in every aspect of daily life. We want our children’s learning in Science to increase their knowledge and understanding of the world they live in and spark their curiosity. We want them to be Scientists!
We want our children to ask questions and to understand the uses of and implications of science, today and for the future.
In conjunction with the national curriculum, our Science teaching offer opportunities for children to:
- Develop their interest and enjoyment of science by building on their natural curiosity.
- Develop their use of appropriate scientific vocabulary.
- Develop children’s ability to ask questions, undertake fair tests, accurately record their findings and analyse their results.
- Develop their skills of prediction, hypothesis, experimentation, investigation, observation, measurement, interpretation and communication.
- Have an awareness of how science links with other subjects and how it impacts of their lives.
Science is about making the strange, mysterious and complicated things become things we understand. There is still so much we don’t understand about our world and the whole universe, but that is where scientists come in!