SEND Coordinator is Mrs Morgan
SEND Governor is Mrs Bev Strange
Please click here for the contact details of the school, if you wish to get in touch with any of the SEND team above.
SEND in the KT Federation
From time to time during their Learning Journey, many children may experience some difficulties or barriers to their learning. Through our Federation vision, ethos and values we are proud of the way in which we help children to overcome those difficulties or barriers
As a Bedford Borough (LA) maintained school we are supported by the LA to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
The four broad ‘areas of need’ are Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, and Sensory and Physical Needs.
What is the Local Offer?
The LA Local Offer
The Children and Families Bill came into force in September 2014. From this date, Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25. This is the ‘Local Offer’.
The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents to help them gain an understanding of the range of services and provision in the local area.
To All Pupils we offer:
- 'Stage not Age' phonics
- Strong emphasis on knowledge and skills acquisition
- A strong vision, ethos and values
- Well adapted class teaching
- A Forest School which gives opportunities to excel, in a different way, to traditional academics
- Access to wrap around care and After School Clubs.
For children who are identified early we offer the above plus:
- Small Groups Early Intervention YR up
- 'Rapid Support' Schemes for small groups.
- A range of screeners including: Dyslexic, Early Number and Pupil Interactive Reading Assessments.
For pupils needing intensive support we offer the above plus:
- Tuition in school to encourage 'keep up'
- Individual Progress Plan - to track intervention
- Work with a variety of external agencies